At Kallista primary school, creativity is one of our school values and we are constantly looking for creative educational opportunities for students.
Music at Kallista primary is offered as a specialist lesson for Foundation through to Year 6. Lessons are based on the Orff Schulwerk approaches to music education. Students learn music elements through a hands on approach, making music together with movement, singing and playing instruments. The emphasis is on practical music making activities. Children learn to create their own music before learning to read and write music.
- Marimba ensemble
- Senior band
- Japanese drums
- End of term 2 and 4 concerts
- Whole school Music and Arts Spectacular every second year
- Instrumental showcases twice a year
- Christmas concert
Past music days
- Music celebration days with our sister school
- African drumming workshops
- Nursing home performances
- Kallista market performances